TAPU’AE DAY TOUR
“FOOTPRINTS OF OUR ANCESTORS”
The Tapu’ae Day Tour is an interactive and education experience where you can immerse yourself in the powerful story of our Cook Island Maoris culture. Included is a visit to our Museum & Cultural Learning Centre.
Our experienced guides take you on an intriguing tour of the village as you learn about our Polynesian history, navigators, traditional medicines, stories of tribal warfare, legends and beliefs.
You will experience parts of everyday village life such as weaving and drumming as well as prepare and cook our traditional foods. A traditional umu lunch is also included for groups of 10 people or more.
We Offer Best Services
FAMILY (ANAU) PACKAGE
2 Adults & 2 Children = $279.00
2 Adults & 3 Children = $329.00
Adult = $100.00
Child = $55.00 (6-11 YRS)
Under 5 YRS = Free of Charge
DAY TOUR HOURS
10am – 1pm (Duration = 3hrs)
- Tours operate every Tuesday and Thursday, however, we can operate on other days on request with numbers of 20 or more.
- Tour times 10.00am – 1.00pm
- Minimum of 10 people required for FULL TOUR to operate/Maximum 100+
- Outdoor tour – weather permitting
- Good walking shoes recommended
- Three hours at Highland Paradise – Visit prehistory worshipping places, chiefly house sites, ancient sacrificial sites, and reconstructed tribal buildings including the Learning Centre.
For parties of 11-20 adults $95pp
For parties of 21 + adults $91pp
Fun history lesson about the Cook Islands
tezaoz wrote a review May 2019
Informative tour and beautiful inland area
Pamela S – Canberra, Australia